Kids Care Charity is committed to safeguarding and respecting your privacy online. We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about Kids Care Charity, that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The personally identifiable information' is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, telephone number and address.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Kids Care Charity
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site kidscarecharity.co.uk ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, filling in Contact Us form or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Kids Care Charity may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
2. What personally identifiable information does Kids Care Charity, collect from me?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that we pass to your computer's hard disk through your web-browser so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- per session cookies, which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookies file of your browser until you leave the site; and
- persistent cookies, which remain in the cookies file of your browser for longer (although how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie) . These cookies are used to store state information between visits to a site.
We use persistent cookies to provide certain services, so that you do not have to log-in repeatedly between visits.
For instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser, please see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
The website contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
Kids Care Charity may also use a number of independent measurement and research companies. They gather information regarding the visitors to Kids Care Charity, sites on our behalf using cookies, log file data and code which is embedded on our website. Kids Care Charity uses this type of information to help improve the services it provides to its users. Kids Care Charity, strictly require that third parties do not use any information for their own business or other purposes.
3. How does Kids Care Charity, use my information?
Kids Care Charity uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise.
4. Who is collecting your information?
When you are on the Kids Care Charity, website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Kids Care Charity, alone unless stated otherwise. For example, when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company justgiving.com or paypal.co.uk and it is clear on the donation page when you are going through to the justgiving.com or paypal.co.uk site. If you follow a link to any of these partner websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
5. With who does Kids Care Charity, share your information?
As a general rule, Kids Care Charity will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. When you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a partner company and the information you give such as your credit card number and contact information is provided so that the transaction can take place.
6. What are my choices regarding collection, use and distribution of my information?
If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about Kids Care Charity’s work or appeals we will send you communications regarding Kids Care Charity’s work and activities, either electronically or otherwise. In addition, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
Kids Care Charity, does not sell, rent or share user information with anyone. We may on occasion work with 3rd parties to contact our supporters about Kids Care Charity; however the 3rd party would be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using this information for any other purpose.
7. What is Kids Care Charity’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personally identifiable information?
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Kids Care Charity. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we maintain about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at
8. How does Kids Care Charity protect my personal identifiable information?
Kids Care Charity is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect the individual identifying information that you provide to us.
9. What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Kids Care Charity, cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
11. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £ to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.